Thursday, November 25, 2004

A Spot of Confusion

Jo Chambers, recently highlighted a slight misunderstanding about one of the facilities provided on the GTI Home Exchange http://www.gti-home-exchange.com web-site listings. Jo had just renewed her membership, and I noticed that the listing carried the heading 'Exchange Request fulfilled'. So I queried it with Jo, to which she replied: "Thank you for confirming my renewal. Please uncheck 'exchange request fulfilled'; as a very new computer user and also not in the first flush of youth, I thought this meant had we used the facility successfully! Thank you for posting my article about our trip to Australia, it was very exciting to see myself in print."

So just to clarify the use of this feature, if you have checked the 'Exchange Request fulfilled' box, this means that you have arranged an exchange and do not wish to be contacted with further exchange offers for the time being. However, it is important to uncheck the box on your member registration form when you are ready to start looking for another exchange, so that other members interested in your offer will contact you.

No comments: