Friday, June 03, 2005

Scooting in Sydney

Talk about timing! I am reading your email at an internet cafe in Sydney. Tomorrow we fly to Brisbane to the home of our swap partners. Thanks for drawing my attention to the article by Jo Chambers. I can make use of her experience.

I have taken both my scooter and wheelchair on this trip, and so far it has been much easier than I expected. Although I have travelled with my scooter previously, I was warned that scooters are not as common in Australia as they are in most of Canada. So far, it has been all good news. We will be returning to Vancouver in mid July. If I can add to what Jo Chambers passed along, I will.

Thanks for writing. Regards, Virginia Krapiec (Joe is climbing the Sydney Harbour Bridge as I write!)

Dear Mr & Mrs Krapiec

I hope that you do not mind my writing or feel that it is an intrusion on your privacy, but I see that since joining Green Theme International you have been successful in arranging a home exchange. I also noticed that Mrs Krapiec is of limited mobility. I don't know if you have already read the article by Jo Chambers in the GTI Newsletter and on the Weblog, entitled 'Have Scooter, Will Travel'? I hope that your trip (I'm not sure whether it's to UK or Australia?)is equally as successful as Jo's, and it would be great if you could also write us a short piece
for our next Newsletter similar to that submitted by Jo, as it does so much serve to encourage other people in a similar position to give it a try.

I hope all goes well with your home exchange holiday, wish you a safe journey, and look forward to hearing from you on your return.

Very best regards
Kath Botterill
Green Theme International Home Exchange Holidays
Email: GTI_Home_Exchange@compuserve.com
http://www.gti-home-exchange.com

No comments: